This Traditional Irish Music course:
- Is FREE of charge.
- Allows you to retain your social welfare benefits.
- Qualifies for Childcare Education and Training Support (CETS).
- Provides meal and travel allowances.
- Delivers CV and interview preparation.
- Offers one to one meetings with an adult guidance counsellor.
- With a potential 390 CAO points available there is the opportunity of progression to Institutes of Technology.
- Includes relevant work experience and field trips.
The music course in Drumshanbo is an ideal opportunity for those that wish to enhance their existing musical skills or those that wish to begin a new musical adventure. Through the study of traditional Irish music, students develop their aural skills (learning by ear) as well as gaining the music literacy skills to notate and understand printed collections of music.
The course is very practical by nature – students will be playing, singing or dancing every day – and it is through the process of learning tunes that students’ musical skills are developed. The course aims to provide students with the skills and confidence to arrange set lists, rehearse effectively and perform.
- Music Industry Studies 5N1458
- Event Production 5N1374
- Music Theory and Practice 5N1849
- Music Performance 5N1301
- Irish Music 5N1454
- Communications 5N0690
- Work Experience 5N1356
- Word Processing 5N1358
For more information on this course please call the tutor (Mossie Martin) directly on 087-7640332 or go to the Facebook page @drumshanbotradcourse